2020 United Way of Abilene Investments
Programs address one or more of the following:
- Children are safe and secure and have responsible, caring adults in their lives
- Students succeed in school
- Students graduate and are ready for higher education or work
- Children and youth have the tools they need to make good decisions and effectively deal with social challenges.
- Families have access to affordable childcare that presents opportunities for growth and development and prepares children for school.
- Families learn to budget and save money for housing, utilities, transportation and other expenses.
- Families have access to emergency/transitional housing and basic needs services.
- Individuals have acces to information, services, and support that allow them to overcome challenges to be more self-sufficient.
- Community members, including the elderly, feel secure in their home and maintain quality of life.
- Children, youth, and adults have access to dental and medical services
- Children, youth, and adults have access to nutitious meals or food supplies.
- Families develop positive habits and have resources to help them cope with challenges.